Why not have some holiday cheer with your coffee?
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp crystallized ginger
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (3.5 oz) bars dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, mix flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, and spices together.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat 2 of the eggs and chop the crystallized ginger. Stir in melted butter with eggs and ginger. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and knead until smooth dough forms.
- Add half the dough to a large parchment-lined baking sheet and shape into an 11x2-inch log. Repeat with the remaining dough. Use a fork to beat the last egg with 2 tsp water. Brush tops and sides of the logs with the egg wash.
- Bake logs for about 25 min., or until golden brown and firm. Remove from oven, and let cool on the baking sheet for 20 min.
- Place 1 cookie log on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the warm cookie log into ½-inch thick diagonal slices. Place slices on the baking sheet; repeat with the remaining cookie log.
- Bake slices for 18–20 min., flipping halfway through. Remove from heat and let cool completely, until biscotti hardens. Meanwhile, Break the chocolate bars and melt them in the microwave. Cook-times will vary; go slowly, stirring the chocolate every 30 seconds.
- Dip ¼ of each biscotti into the melted chocolate, then lay on a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool and set. When completely cooled, store in a tightly-covered container.
- S7 2016
- Calories 163kcal 8%
- Fat 7.0g 10%
- Saturated fat 2.4g 12%
- Sugars 11.8g 13%
- Sodium 69mg 0 %
- 21.4g carbohydrate
- 1.0g fiber
- 2.8g protein
- 41mg cholesterol