The classic appetizer also makes a fun snack.
- ¼ cup flour for dusting
- 1 (16 oz) pkg refrigerated pizza dough, risen
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
- ¼ cup olive oil for brushing
- 16 currants
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Set the risen dough on a lightly floured work surface and divide into 8 equal balls. Halve the hot dogs.
- Shape the balls into elongated pieces that are slightly longer and wider than the hot dog halves. Set the hot dogs on top of the dough and fold the dough over the dogs to close. Press firmly at seams and roll slightly to ensure hot dogs are fully covered with dough.
- Set dough-covered dogs on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Arrange 2 currants on the top of each “pig” for eyes. Bake in the oven for 20 min. or until golden brown. Check after 15 min. Leave to cool slightly before serving.
- September 2016