- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large canned pimento pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp salt-free Southwest seasoning
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 large egg roll wrappers
- nonstick baking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Add the black beans, pimentos, and cilantro to a food processer. Pulse, for 2-3 seconds, 3-4 times until black beans are roughly chopped. Add the cooked chicken, cheese, and seasoning. Pulse a few more times until ingredients are well mixed.
- Place an egg roll wrapper onto your work surface with one corner pointing towards you. Place about ¼ cup of chicken and bean filling in a heap onto the bottom third of the wrapper. Brush a little water onto the top two edges of the wrapper, then fold the bottom corner over the filling and roll firmly to the halfway point. Fold the left and right sides snugly over the filling, then continue rolling until the top corners seal the egg roll with water. Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers, covering finished egg rolls with plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with the nonstick spray. Place the rolls on top, and lightly spray the tops of the rolls with the nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then flip, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Calories 221kcal 11%
- Fat 4.9g 8%
- Saturated fat 2.3g 11%
- Carbs 26.9g 9%
- Sodium 409mg 17%
- 1.1g sugar
- 4.0g fiber
- 16.5g protein
- 34mg cholesterol