Make a batch in advance to have on hand for snacks and lunchbox treats.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup almond flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Mix the cocoa powder, salt, almond flour, and cornstarch in a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and mix at low speed until the mixture forms a dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Dust a clean work surface with gluten-free flour, and roll out the dough to a ¼-inch thick square. Cut out 40 cookies.
- Place cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 min. until crisp.
- While cookies are baking, make the filling: Mix coconut oil, confectioners sugar, and shredded coconut until creamy.
- Drop about a tbsp of filling on half of the cookies and then top with remaining cookies.
- Press gently so that the filling is visible along the edges.
- Calories 197kcal 10%
- Fat 13.1g 20%
- Saturated fat 6.5g 32%
- Carbs 20.4g 7%
- Sodium 17mg <1%
- 16.0g sugar
- 2.2g fiber
- 3.0g protein
- 23mg cholesterol