Gluten-free and vegan, this quick tofu dish is packed with classic Asian flavors like sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, and crunchy wasabi peas.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg soba noodles
- 1 (14 oz) pkg extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅓ cup gluten-free wasabi peas
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup tamari
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 (12 oz) pkg sugar snap peas
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- While noodles cook, cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes. Dry with paper towels. Finely chop the garlic. In a mini food processor or using a plastic storage bag and rolling pin, crush the wasabi peas. In a small bowl, combine the cayenne and sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a wok (or skillet) and stir-fry the tofu over medium heat for 10 min., or until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tofu to a plate covered with paper towels. Sprinkle with the cayenne-sesame mixture and drizzle with 1 tbsp tamari. Add the ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and sugar snap peas to the skillet and stir-fry 3 min.
- Add the remaining 3 tbsp tamari and the noodles and stir-fry 2 min., or until heated through. Divide noodles among 4 bowls and top with the tofu cubes. Sprinkle with crushed wasabi peas.
To get nice crispy tofu, drain the tofu, place in a freezer bag and freeze over night. Thaw and pat dry with paper towels before proceeding with the recipe.
- s1 2017
- Calories 561kcal 28%
- Fat 23.5g 36%
- Saturated fat 2.5g 13%
- Carbs 68.4g 23%
- Sodium 1562mg 65%
- 6.1g sugar
- 5.2g fiber
- 25.5g protein
- 0mg cholesterol