- 1 lb cleaned cuttlefish, cut into chunks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes, drained
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 yellow or green zucchini (6 oz), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season cuttlefish with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook cuttlefish, 2 minutes or until browned on outside. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Cook onion in same skillet, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and tomato paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add tomatoes, cumin and cinnamon; stirring, 2 minutes more.
- Add chickpeas, broth, zucchini and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add parsley and simmer until zucchini is tender about 10 minutes. Return cuttlefish to skillet and stir to incorporate.
- Savory Happy Holidays 2015
- Calories 223kcal 11%
- Fat 6.2g 10%
- Saturated fat 0.9g 5%
- Carbs 24.9g 8%
- Sodium 917mg 38%
- 2.8g sugar
- 5.6g fiber
- 18.1g protein
- 85mg cholesterol