- 1 lb squid, cleaned, bodies cut into ¾ inch thick rings*
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ kosher salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Pat squid dry with a paper towel.
- Heat 1/2 of oil in a large frying pan over high, add 1/2 of butter until melted then add peppers, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, 1–2 minutes, until peppers are cooked, but still crisp, remove from pan, cover and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and butter to pan, season squid with salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook, tossing frequently, until squid is opaque and cooked through, about 1 minute, be careful not to overcook.
- Combine peppers and cooked squid in a serving dish, squeeze lemon over top and sprinkle with additional fresh parsley. Toss to coat and serve warm.
*leave tentacle pieces whole
- Savory Happy Holidays 2015
- Calories 106kcal 5%
- Fat 5.5g 8%
- Saturated fat 2.3g 11%
- Carbs 4.8g 2%
- Sodium 32mg 1%
- 0.9g sugar
- 0.7g fiber
- 9.3g protein
- 140mg cholesterol