Offer red and green salsas to drizzle over these easy and delicious tacos.
- 12 oz. chicken breast fajita strips
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, half zested and juiced, other half cut into wedges
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 8 soft taco shells, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- ½ cup crumbled queso blanco
- Heat chicken strips according to package instructions. Meanwhile, combine cabbage and mayonnaise and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper.
- Dice the avocados. Finely chop the onion. Zest and juice half a lemon. Cut the other half in wedges.
- Finely chop half the cilantro leaves and mix with diced avocado, onion and lime juice (to taste).
- Mix sour cream with lime zest and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper.
- Warm the tacos. Fill each taco with cabbage slaw, chicken strips and avocado salsa.
- Top with queso blanco, jalapeños (if using) and the rest of the cilantro. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
If you can’t find queso blanco (a fresh white Mexican cheese), feta makes a good substitute.
- Calories 534kcal 27%
- Fat 31.5g 48%
- Saturated fat 10.9g 54%
- Carbs 36.9g 12%
- Sodium 816mg 34%
- 7.2g sugar
- 11.1g fiber
- 31.2g protein
- 22mg cholesterol