- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free baking mix
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, pulse the baking mix, 4 tbsp sugar, baking powder, and salt to combine. Add the cold butter and pulse until it is the size of small peas. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup of the cream, lime zest, eggs, and vanilla. Add cream mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until dough comes together.
- Using a ⅓-cup measure, drop 8 rounds of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 15 to 18 min., until golden.
- Meanwhile, cut the strawberries into halves or quarters and add to a medium bowl, along with other berries. Stir in the lime juice and the remaining 1 tbsp sugar; set aside. In another medium bowl, with hand mixer, whip the remaining ½ cup heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Serve the shortcakes sliced and stuffed with berries and a dollop of whipped cream.
This recipe is
- D2 videos
- D2 2018
- Calories 406kcal 20%
- Fat 24.3g 37%
- Saturated fat 14.7g 73%
- Carbs 42.9g 14%
- Sodium 514mg 21%
- 10.5g sugar
- 3.2g fiber
- 5.4g protein
- 135mg cholesterol