Make these homemade toaster pastries for a special breakfast on birthdays or Christmas morning. Frozen puff pastry dough is spread with your favorite preserves creating a delicious yet simple treat. Hot chocolate to go with, anyone?
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup jam or pie filling (raspberry, strawberry, apricot, apple pie, cherry pie)
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Take each sheet of pastry and cut into 4 equal rectangles. Place a heaping tablespoon of desired filling onto each pastry sheet.
- Place a small amount of egg on rim of pastry and fold in half. Using a fork, crimp the edges and seal each pastry. Gently flatten each pastry. Place on prepared baking sheet and brush with egg.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until pastry is golden browned.
- While baking, combine confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- When pastries have cooled slightly (about 5-8 minutes), drizzle with icing and cut in half.
- Calories 251kcal 13%
- Fat 12.0g 17%
- Saturated fat 3.1g 15%
- Sugars 15.5g 17%
- Sodium 87mg 0 %
- 32.6g carbohydrate
- 0.7g fiber
- 2.7g protein
- 10mg cholesterol