Stuffing serves as a versatile side dish with this easy recipe. Adapt it to match your entrée: chicken sausage for a chicken entrée, pork sausage for chops—the variations go on and on.
- ½ cup ( 1 stick ) butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp McCormick Thyme Leaves
- 1 ½ tsp McCormick Poultry Seasoning
- ½ tsp McCormick Ground Black Pepper
- 10 cups dry unseasoned bread cubes
- ½ lb pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Mix bread cubes, vegetable mixture and sausage in large bowl. Add broth; toss gently until well mixed. Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
- Calories 214kcal 11%
- Fat 13.9g 21%
- Saturated fat 6.8g 34%
- Carbs 16.3g 5%
- Sodium 581mg 24%
- 2.2g sugar
- 1.3g fiber
- 6.2g protein
- 34mg cholesterol