This slow cooker saver can be prepared in the morning and dinner will be ready at the end of a busy day. Corn, bacon, potatoes and celery form the core of this hearty dish ideal for cold winter nights.
- 6 ears of fresh corn, uncooked
- 4 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Remove corn kernels from cobs and reserve cobs.
- Place corn kernels, cobs and all remaining ingredients, except for milk and butter, in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 7-9 hours. Remove corn cobs.
- Puree half the soup using an immersion blender or food processor. Return pureed soup to slow cooker.
- Add milk and butter and cook on high heat until warm, about 15-30 minutes. Ladle into warmed bowls.
- Calories 200kcal 10%
- Fat 8.8g 13%
- Saturated fat 3.8g 19%
- Carbs 21.9g 7%
- Sodium 516mg 22%
- 6.0g sugar
- 2.6g fiber
- 10.1g protein
- 25mg cholesterol