Make weeknight meals easy by preparing this simple tomato-basil topping ahead of time. When it's dinner time, a few minutes in the broiler and this light fish dish is done. Pairs well with rice or a salad.
- 12 oz fish fillets, flounder or tilapia
- 2 green onions, sliced, including green portion
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except fish and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler and position rack in oven 6 inches from heat source.
- Place fish fillets on a lightly oiled baking sheet and broil for about 5 minutes or until done on top.
- Remove from broiler, turn fish over and top fillets with the vegetable mixture.
- Return to broiler and cook until the topping is heated through and fish is opaque and flakes easily.
This recipe is
- Calories 200kcal 10%
- Fat 10.3g 15%
- Saturated fat 1.7g 9%
- Sugars 2.1g 2%
- Sodium 509mg 0 %
- 3.5g carbohydrate
- 1.5g fibre
- 22.2g protein
- 77mg cholesterol