Try serving this fish and tomato gratin dish the next time you're in the mood for a light summer meal. Tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices, Parmesan and bread crumbs combine as a light, crispy topping for the fish, cooking up in just 25 minutes.
- 1 lb tilapia or flounder fillets
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a glass or ceramic baking dish with oil or cooking spray.
- Arrange fillets in single layer in baking dish.
- Combine tomatoes, green onions, garlic, parsley, thyme, lemon juice and pepper. Spoon evenly over fish.
- Top tomato layer with bread cubes and sprinkle Parmesan over all.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork and bread crumb topping is golden brown.
- Calories 174kcal 9%
- Fat 3.2g 5%
- Saturated fat 1.2g 6%
- Sugars 3.8g 4%
- Sodium 154mg 0 %
- 8.6g carbohydrate
- 2.6g fiber
- 26.5g protein
- 59mg cholesterol