Just like Santa’s suit, dusted with snow! These holiday cookies use only five ingredients, thanks to boxed cake mix that lets you skip measuring, sifting, and mixing.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box Betty Crocker ™ Super Moist™ Delights Red Velvet Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp espresso powder or ground coffee
- 2 cup confectioners' sugar (for rolling)
- To a large bowl, add the cake mix, oil, eggs, and espresso or coffee. Stir to combine into a dough. Cover with plastic and refrigerate 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment. To a shallow dish, add the confectioners’ sugar. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. (If dough is too soft to handle, refrigerate longer.) Roll the dough balls in confectioners’ sugar to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 10–12 min., until puffed and cracked. Cool 1 min. on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- 30 Minute
- Five Ingredients
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- Thirty Mintues
- Cookie Party
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022