Flavor these classic cookies just like your favorite coffee-shop drink with espresso and a dip in melted semisweet chocolate. Add sprinkles for an extra festive touch.
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 or 3 cookie sheets with parchment. In a large bowl, with a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high 2–3 min., until smooth and fluffy, scraping bowl as needed. Add the egg, vanilla, and espresso powder. Beat 1 min., until combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour and salt. Beat 1–2 min., until incorporated. Set up a cookie press with a decorative plate and transfer dough to cookie press. (If you don’t have a cookie press, use a leveled tablespoon to scoop rounds onto cookie sheets.) Press cookies out onto parchment-lined baking sheets at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies 7–9 min., until edges are very lightly brown. Let cool on cookie sheets 5 min., then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. To a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate. Microwave 1–2 min. in 30-sec. intervals, until melted, stirring between intervals. Dip half of cookies in melted chocolate. Place dipped cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let set 15 min. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Cookie Party
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022