You can easily make this Italian-restaurant staple at home with this simple 15-minute recipe. Spicy tomato sauce, quick-cooking shrimp, and delicate angel hair pasta combine into a perfect weeknight dinner.
- ½ (16 oz) pkg angel hair pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb large raw frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add the shrimp and sear briefly, about 1 min. per side. Transfer to a plate and reserve.
- In skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic, and crushed red pepper and sauté until fragrant, about 30 sec.–1 min., stirring constantly. Stir in the diced tomatoes, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer 5 min., until slightly thickened.
- Return shrimp to skillet and cook 1–2 min., until shrimp are fully cooked. Stir in cooked pasta, adding reserved pasta water a few tbsp at a time, if needed. Toss until pasta is well coated with sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- October November 2022
- Guiding Stars
- Lactose Free
- 15 minute
- Egg Free