Spoil your pup with these easy 4-ingredient homemade dog treats that will have them begging for more.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (without xylitol)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. To a large bowl, add the flour, eggs, pumpkin, and peanut butter. Add a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined. Use hands to knead dough into a ball.
- Lightly flour your work surface and top of dough. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ½-inch thickness. Cut shapes out of dough using 2½- to 3½-inch dog bone–shaped cookie cutters. Reroll any dough scraps for more treats.
- Transfer treats to baking sheet. Bake 20–30 min., until golden brown and hard (oven time will depend on the treat size). Cool completely. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Some peanut butters use a natural sweetener called xylitol that is unsafe for dogs. Be sure to check the label before using.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- October November 2022
- Dog Treats
- Lactose Free