Homemade gnocchi comes together quickly with the hack of using instant potatoes. Make the full 5-ingredient recipe for an impressive dinner for four, or easily cut it in half for a fun date night at home.
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- ½ (0.5 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Sage
- In a large bowl, combine the instant potatoes with 1 cup boiling water. Stir to combine and let cool. Once cooled, add the eggs and flour. Season with salt. Using your hands, mix and knead dough, adding more flour as needed, until dough just forms but is still a little sticky.
- Lightly sprinkle work surface with flour. Cut the dough into 4 parts. Roll out one piece into a 1-inch-wide rope, cutting in half if needed. Slice each rope into ½-inch squares. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high. In batches, add gnocchi to pot. Cook 15–30 sec., until gnocchi float, stirring constantly. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cooked gnocchi to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, melt the butter on medium-high. Add the sage leaves to butter and cook 1 min., until crisp. Add drained gnocchi to skillet and toss to coat thoroughly in sage butter sauce. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat gnocchi. Serve immediately.
If desired, garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. Freeze any leftover uncooked gnocchi.
This recipe is
- October November 2022
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- Date Night
- 5 ingredient
- Celebration Moments