Try this easy pizza-inspired shareable bread for your next party-ready appetizer. Make a vegetarian version by adding your favorite veggie toppings instead of pepperoni.
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (13.8 oz) can Pillsbury ™ Classic Pizza Crust
- 8 part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup mini pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup Marinara sauce
- ½ cup Pesto
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch Bundt pan or tube pan with the cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine the butter, oil, minced garlic, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Remove the pizza dough from can and place on a cutting board with the short side on the bottom. Cut dough horizontally into 4 pieces. Place 2 mozzarella cheese sticks on top of 1 dough piece along length of dough and roll to enclose it in dough. Cut log into 1-inch pieces. Roll each piece into a ball to fully wrap cheese in dough as best as possible. Add dough balls to butter mixture. Repeat with remaining dough and cheese sticks. Toss dough balls gently with the Parmesan and mini pepperoni.
- On bottom of Bundt pan, sprinkle 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Add coated dough balls to the Bundt pan in a layer. Once one layer of dough is complete, sprinkle on half of remaining shredded mozzarella. Repeat with remaining dough and mozzarella.
- Bake 30–40 min., until top is golden and dough is fully cooked. Use a knife to loosen edges from pan. Invert onto serving plate and serve with pesto or warm marinara sauce for dipping. Serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Game day
- Nut Free
- October November 2022
- Celebration Moments
- Slam Dunk Bites Cookbook
- Egg Free