Try sweet potatoes in a new faster and easier way with the air fryer. This affordable 5-ingredient recipe stuffs the potatoes full of chicken and cheese.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¾ cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Using a fork, poke holes all around the potatoes. Spray each potato with the cooking spray and place in air fryer basket. Cook 25–30 min., until fork-tender. If potatoes brown too quickly, place a sheet of foil on top.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, shredded rotisserie chicken, and ¼ cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove potatoes from air fryer and reduce heat to 350°F. Slice potatoes down centers on top. Fill each potato with barbecue chicken and top them with remaining ½ cup cheese. Return potatoes to air fryer and cook 3–5 min., until warm. Serve immediately.
To roast in the oven: Preheat oven to 400°F. Poke holes all around the potatoes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 50–60 min., until fork-tender. Split each potato and fill with barbecue chicken. Top with cheese and bake an additional 4–5 min., until cheese is melted.
This recipe is
- September 2022
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Five Ingredients
- air fryer
- Egg Free