This Italian seafood classic pasta is transformed into a weeknight one-pot dump dinner. Cooked frozen shrimp are the key to this easy recipe.
- ¾ lb rotini pasta
- ½ (2 lb) bag frozen fully cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a 9x13-inch baking dish, spread the pasta in an even layer. Scatter the shrimp and peas over top. Top evenly with butter cubes.
- In liquid measuring cup, combine the chicken broth and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth. To baking dish, pour in broth mixture and the cream. Sprinkle the garlic, zest of half of the lemon, and juice of half of the lemon over baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 25–30 min., until pasta is al dente and shrimp are fully thawed, stirring at the 20-min. mark.
- When pasta is done, garnish with the parsley and Parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe is
- one pan
- September 2022
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- Dump Dinner
- Egg Free