This easy dessert recipe highlights the natural sweetness of corn and comes together without an ice cream machine. The three-ingredient sauce takes it over the top.
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- ½ cup Bonne Maman ® Blackberry Preserves
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- Carefully cut the kernels off the corncobs. In a medium saucepan over medium-high, combine corn kernels and the sweetened condensed milk. Bring to a boil. Cook 2–3 min., until corn is tender, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a blender, combine corn kernel mixture, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Purée until smooth and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a second large bowl, whip the cream with a hand mixer on medium-high for 2–3 min., until stiff peaks form. Add 1 cup whipped cream to corn mixture and gently fold to combine. Add lightened corn mixture to remaining whipped cream and fold until just combined. Transfer to a loaf pan and cover well with plastic wrap. Freeze 2 hours, until the texture is like soft-serve ice cream; for a firmer consistency, freeze up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium, combine the fruit spread, lemon zest, and 1 tbsp water. Heat on medium until mixture is a loose consistency. To serve, scoop ice cream into dishes and top with sauce.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- July August 2022
- Egg Free