Move cooking dinner outside with this easy one-pan recipe made on the grill. Braising the sausages in beer keeps them moist and adds great flavor.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 (12 oz) can beer, such as ale or lager
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (16 oz) bag sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Pork Italian Sausages
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth or water
- 5 hot dog pretzel buns, split
- Spicy brown mustard, to serve
- Heat one part of grill over medium-high and another part over medium. Place an aluminum pan over hotter side. Heat the butter in pan until melted. Add the beer, onion, and sauerkraut, and mix well. Move pan to cooler side of grill.
- Add the sausages to hotter side of grill and cook 5 min. per side, until golden brown. Transfer sausages to aluminum pan, nestling into sauerkraut mixture. Add the broth to pan and move pan to hotter side of grill. Heat pan until liquid comes to a simmer. Cover pan with foil and cook 25–30 min., until cooked through.
- To serve, add sausages to buns. Top with sauerkraut and mustard.
If you can’t find pretzel buns, serve on regular buns or soft-baked pretzels.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- July August 2022
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free