This speedy 5-ingredient chicken dinner has all the classic piccata flavors in half the time from using a premade gravy as the sauce to microwaved spinach.
- ¾ cup homestyle chicken gravy
- 1 (14 oz) bag Nature's Promise® Frozen Chicken Meatballs, thawed
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp chopped capers, drained
- 2 (9 oz) bags ready-to-microwave spinach
- To a large skillet, add the gravy and ¾ cup water. Bring to a simmer on medium-high. Add the meatballs and cook 5 min., until meatballs are warmed through.
- Meanwhile, zest 1 lemon and juice both lemons for ⅓ cup juice. To saucepan, add lemon zest, lemon juice, and the capers. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer 1–2 min.
- Meanwhile, microwave the spinach according to package directions. Transfer spinach to a platter and top with meatballs and sauce. Serve immediately.
If desired, serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- take 5
- Meal plan
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- 15 minute
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- June 2022
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free