This delicious stovetop mac & cheese has only five ingredients and comes together in a snap with the help of store-bought cooked pasta.
- ¾ cup reduced-fat milk
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 4 slices American cheese singles
- 1 ⅓ cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 (7.05 oz) pkgs fully cooked elbow pasta
- In a medium pot on medium heat, bring the milk to a simmer. Add the dry mustard and season with salt and pepper. Tear the American cheese slices into small pieces and gradually add to pot, whisking to combine. Once melted, gradually add the Cheddar, whisking constantly, until smooth
- Meanwhile, microwave the pasta according to package directions. Add the pasta to cheese mixture, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
Meanwhile, microwave the pasta according to package directions. Add the pasta to cheese mixture, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
Microwave Instructions: In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix together the milk, dry mustard, and cheeses. Season with salt and pepper. Microwave in 30 sec. increments until melted. Microwave the pasta according to package directions until warm. Stir into the cheese sauce.
This recipe is
- 5 Minute
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free
- Five Minutes
- one pot
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- June 2022