Adding gooey mac and cheese and crumbled bacon takes these hot dogs from an everyday dinner to something worth celebrating in a family-friendly feast.
- 8 strips thick cut bacon
- 1 cup premade mac & cheese
- 1 (15 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted on grill if desired
- Sliced fresh jalapeno peppers
- Green onions
- Preheat grill over medium-high. On a paper towel-lined large plate, arrange 4 slices bacon. Cover with another layer of paper towels. Microwave 3–4 min., until crispy. Repeat with remaining 4 slices bacon. Cool slightly, then chop or crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, place the hog dogs on grill and cook 6–8 min., until browned, turning occasionally. Microwave the mac and cheese according to package directions. Place 1 hot dog in each bun. Divide macaroni and cheese, bacon, and extra toppings, if using, among hot dogs.
This recipe is
- Game day
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- Five Ingredients
- 30 minutes
- June 2022
- Egg Free