Building this classic dessert in mason jars makes them easy to pack up for a picnic or to serve in single portions.
- 1 (5.1 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding and pie mix
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 28 vanilla wafers, plus more to garnish
- 6 (8 oz) mason jars
- 1 ½ cups sliced bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- To a large bowl, add the pudding mix and milk. Whisk 1–2 min., until mixture thickens and sets. In a medium bowl, beat the cream and vanilla with a hand mixer or stand mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into pudding mixture.
- In a large resealable bag, coarsely crush the vanilla wafers with a rolling pin or the bottom of a mason jar. Into each mason jar, add a layer of crushed vanilla wafers. Spoon ¼ cup pudding mixture into each jar. Layer with more crushed wafers and a few banana slices, then top with another ¼ cup pudding. Alternate layers until the jars are filled. Top each jar with 1–2 whole vanilla wafers as garnish. Seal jars and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Mason Jar
- May 2022
- Meal Prep
- Celebrations Made Easy Cookbook
- Egg Free