Capture all the comforting flavors of a tamale in this easy one-pan dinner recipe.
- ½ lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8.5 oz) box cornbread mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen corn, thawed
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. To a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, add the beef and sauté on medium-high 5–7 min., until thoroughly cooked. Spoon off any fat, as needed. Stir in the beans and enchilada sauce; remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle ¾ cup cheese on top.
- To a medium bowl, add the cornbread mix, egg, and ⅓ cup water. Stir until combined. Fold in the corn and remaining ¾ cup cheese. Spoon batter evenly over beef mixture.
- Bake 35–40 min., until cornbread is golden brown and cooked through. Let cool 5 min. Garnish with the sour cream and green onions.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- May 2022
- $10 Meals