This classic, delicious cherry pie is easy to whip up with just 5 ingredients. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
- ¼ cup sugar, plus more for dusting
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 (12 oz) bags frozen dark sweet pitted cherries, thawed (about 7 cups)
- 1 (14.1 oz) box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Place a rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack in oven and preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt. Add the cherries and toss until well coated.
- Unroll 1 pie crust and press into a 9-inch pie plate. Tuck edges to form a clean edge. Add cherry mixture to pie crust along with any residual juices from bowl.
- Unroll remaining pie crust onto a sheet of parchment. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut crust into ¾-inch-wide strips. Discard the 2 shortest end strips. Arrange half of strips across pie, spacing about ¾ inch apart. Place remaining pie crust strips on top, perpendicular to first set, spacing about ¾ inch apart. With fork, press top strip and bottom crust edges together to seal. Trim off any excess dough pieces from the lattice strips.
- Brush top crust with the cream. Sprinkle with more sugar, if desired. Place pie on preheated baking sheet in oven and bake for 50–60 min. If browning too quickly, cover the edges of pie with foil during last 10 min. of baking. Let cool completely before serving.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredient
- 5 Ingredients
- take 5
- April 2022
- Egg Free