This elegant and beautiful tart is a twist on a classic strawberry-rhubarb pie.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ¾ lb rhubarb stalks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup Nature's Promise® Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread
- Heat oven to 375°F. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, unroll the pastry dough. Press with hands or roll out with rolling pin to form a 12x8-inch rectangle.
- Thinly slice the rhubarb stalks lengthwise. To a large bowl or resealable bag, add rhubarb and the sugar. Toss until well coated.
- Leaving a 1-inch border, arrange rhubarb on pastry dough, slightly overlapping slices. Sprinkle on any remaining sugar from bowl or resealable bag. Fold dough edges over rhubarb. Brush edges with the melted butter. Bake 18–20 min., until pastry is a deep golden brown and rhubarb is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the strawberry fruit spread and 1 tbsp water. Heat on medium until mixture is a loose consistency. Let cool slightly. Brush gently over baked rhubarb to add shine.
You can also use frozen rhubarb. Thaw 1 lb frozen chopped rhubarb. Drain well and pat dry before tossing with sugar.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- 30 minutes
- April 2022
- Egg Free