This salad is inspired by Charoset, a traditional chopped apple and walnut dish that is served during the Passover seder.
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (5 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Baby Spinach & Spring Mix
- 2 sweet apples, such as Golden Delicious and Gala, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup pitted and chopped dates
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup crushed matzo crackers, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, and cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly to emulsify.
- To a large serving bowl, add the spinach and spring mix. Add half of salad dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- To bowl with remaining dressing, add the apples, dates, and walnuts. Toss to combine. Spoon apple mixture over dressed salad mix. Top with the matzo crackers and serve immediately.
If making ahead, make the vinaigrette and chop the nuts and fruit. Assemble the salad just before serving.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Guiding Stars
- April 2022
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free