Get the best of both worlds—a pasta bake and cheesy enchiladas—with this easy and affordable vegetarian dinner.
- 24 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 (10 oz) cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.2 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- Sour cream, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the pasta shells according to package directions. Drain well.
- Spread half of 1 can enchilada sauce on bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. To a medium bowl, add remaining half of sauce from can, the black beans, corn, and 1 cup Cheddar cheese, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide filling among cooked pasta shells. Arrange shells in baking dish.
- Pour remaining 1 can enchilada sauce over stuffed shells and top with remaining cheese. Cover loosely with foil and bake 20 min. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 min., until cheese is bubbly and filling is hot. Garnish with the green onions and sour cream, if desired.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- April 2022
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free