This homemade fried rice recipe uses kimchi to quickly add a ton of flavor. Ready in only 15 minutes, this is sure to be your new favorite weeknight meal.
- 1 ½ cups kimchi
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 (3.5 oz) pkgs sliced shiitake mushrooms
- ½ (10 oz) bag matchstick carrots (shredded)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 (8.8 oz) pkgs precooked Nature's Promise® Jasmine Rice
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Drain the kimchi and reserve 3 tbsp kimchi juice. Roughly chop kimchi. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet or wok, heat the canola oil on medium-high. Add the mushrooms and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3–4 min., until tender, stirring constantly. Add the garlic and cook 30 sec.
- To skillet, add the sesame oil. Add kimchi and cook 1 min. Break up rice in pouches and add to skillet along with reserved kimchi juice and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well and cook 2–3 min., stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, coat another large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Crack eggs into skillet and cook 3–4 min., until whites are set. Divide fried rice among 4 plates and top with fried eggs. Garnish with the green onions.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- February March 2022
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes
- Lactose Free