Looking for a plant-forward game day snack? These spicy, flavor-packed cauliflower bites are sure to score a touchdown.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk or plant-based milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup Buffalo wing sauce
- Chopped chives, to serve
- Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Cut the cauliflower into small florets to total about 8 cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk, paprika, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Add cauliflower to batter, coating each piece evenly; note that batter will be thick. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, making into an even layer. Bake 15 min.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the melted butter and Buffalo sauce. Whisk until combined. After 15 min., remove cauliflower from oven. Brush buffalo sauce mixture over cauliflower. Bake another 10–15 min., until cauliflower is golden and tender. Using a spatula, transfer cauliflower to a platter. Sprinkle with the chopped chives and serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Try air-frying at 375°F for 10–20 min., shaking occasionally while cooking.
This recipe is
- Game day
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- Big Game
- February March 2022
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free