This Cajun-inspired twist on stuffed peppers is packed with flavorful red beans, turkey kielbasa, and hearty brown rice. Top it off with melty cheese for a new favorite weeknight dinner.
- 6 red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ½ (10 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Riced Cauliflower
- 1 (8.8 oz) pkg precooked Nature's Promise® Brown Rice
- ½ (14 oz) pkg turkey kielbasa, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp Cajun spice blend
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut tops off the bell peppers and core each one.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the onion and celery. Cook 3–4 min., until softened, stirring constantly. To skillet, add the riced cauliflower, brown rice, kielbasa, beans, and Cajun spice blend. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté 5–7 min., until onion and celery are fully cooked, stirring constantly.
- Carefully spoon the filling into peppers and add stuffed peppers to a 9x9-inch baking dish. Top peppers with the cheese. Add enough water to fill pan ¼ inch up the side. Bake 25–30 min., until bell peppers are soft. Garnish with green onions and serve.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- February March 2022
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free