Skip the butter with these light, fluffy olive oil biscuits. Even better, the bulk of the dough is made in the food processor
- 1 (0.5 oz) Nature's Promise® Organic Roasting Blend (rosemary, parsley, and thyme)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. To the bowl of a food processor, add all the leaves from the rosemary, parsley, and thyme, plus the chives, garlic, garlic powder, and salt. Pulse until herbs are finely chopped.
- To food processor, add the all-purpose flour, white whole wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Pulse to combine. Add the buttermilk and 4 tbsp oil. Pulse until the mixture comes together to form a ball, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat out dough to a thickness of about 1 inch. Using a 2½-inch round biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut out biscuits from dough, gently reshaping dough to cut out at least 8 biscuits. Place on baking sheet and use remaining 1 tbsp oil to brush on biscuit tops. Bake for 10-12 min., until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- February March 2022
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free