This recipe is everything you love about classic eggplant Parmesan—cheesy melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness—in a better-for-you spin.
- 3 medium eggplants
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Nature's Promise® Organic Marinara Sauce
- ½ (8 oz) fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise. Score a crosshatch pattern in each. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place the eggplant halves cut-side down on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Roast 30 min., until fully tender. Carefully remove from oven. Increase temperature to 450°F. Using tongs, flip each eggplant over. Top with the marinara sauce, mozzarella, and bread crumbs.
- Return eggplant to oven and continue roasting until the cheese is bubbly and the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 5 min.
If desired, top with grated Parmesan.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredient
- take 5
- Guiding Stars
- January 2022
- 5 ingredients
- Egg Free