Kids can help crush the rice cracker topping and stir together the sautéed veggies in an easy, family-friendly dinner that’s also low in carbs.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 (10 oz) bags vegetable slaw
- ½ (10 oz) bag matchstick (shredded) carrots
- ½ (3.5 oz) pkg rice crackers
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the ground chicken and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until browned, 5–7 min., stirring and breaking up with back of spoon.
- To skillet, stir in the slaw mix and matchstick carrots. Cook 8–10 min., stirring occasionally, until slaw mixture is wilted. Meanwhile, add the rice crackers to a resealable bag and seal. Let kids crush by hand or with a rolling pin.
- When slaw mixture is wilted, stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with crackers, sesame seeds, and green onions, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- 30 minutes
- Guiding Stars
- January 2022
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free