This cheese ball shaped into a Christmas tree with tomatoes and roasted red peppers as ornaments is an impressive holiday showstopper.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg smoked Gouda, rind removed
- 6 oz sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature and cut up
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves
- ½ pint Nature's Promise® Grape Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup mini pepperoni
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 large roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 white or yellow American cheese slices
- 1 (8.8 oz) box Taste of Inspirations® Assorted Entertainment Crackers, for serving
- To a food processor, add cheese chunks, green onions, and garlic. Pulse until finely grated. Add the cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Pulse until smooth, stopping and scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Season with pepper.
- Transfer cheese mixture to medium bowl and, with wet hands, gently form into a triangle. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 min. to 1 hour, until firm.
- Unwrap cheese ball and place on a serving platter. Using wet hands or using plastic wrap over the cheese ball, mold into a Christmas tree shape, aiming for 11–12 inches tall. Top with the parsley.
- To decorate, add the grape tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, and mini pepperoni. Tear the prosciutto into pieces and roll up to add. Add the roasted red pepper strips as garlands. Use a small star cutter to cut shape from cheese slices. Top tree with cheese stars. Use a stack of crackers as the trunk of the tree. Serve with remaining crackers.
To add air-fried pasta bows, cook ¼ cup mini farfalle according to package directions for al dente. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and cook in an air fryer at 390°F for 6–8 min., until golden, shaking occasionally. Use to garnish cheese tree.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- December 2021