Store-bought eggnog becomes the base for a make-ahead pancake batter that easily feeds a crowd for holiday breakfasts, brunches, and beyond. Cut into squares or use cookie cutters to make fun pancakes shapes.
- 3 cups store-bought eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg, plus more to serve
- ½ tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- Maple syrup and/or whipped cream, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggnog, eggs, and butter. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Stir gently with wet ingredients until mostly combined but still slightly lumpy. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line an 18x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment and coat with the cooking spray. Spread pancake batter onto prepared baking sheet with a spatula (batter will be thick). Bake 12–15 min., until golden brown on top and fluffy.
- If desired, broil sheet pan pancake 1–2 min., until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly, and sprinkle with more nutmeg. Cut into squares or use cookie cutters to make fun shapes and serve with maple syrup and/or whipped cream.
This recipe is
- December 2021