No one will miss the meat in these vegetarian tacos, thanks to meaty grilled mushrooms. Serve the tacos with a quick butternut mash that cooks in the microwave.
- 2 (14 oz) 4-count pkgs whole-cap portobella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (14 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Cubed Butternut Squash
- 2 tbsp jarred pesto
- 8 white corn tortillas
- 1 cup spring mix
- ⅓ cup cotija or crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Trim stems of the mushrooms. With a spoon, scrape and discard gills from mushroom caps. Brush mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butternut squash and ¼ cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 8–10 min., until tender. With a fork or potato masher, mash the butternut squash until smooth. Stir in the pesto.
- Meanwhile, set a grill or grill pan to high. Add mushrooms and cook 3–4 min. per side, until tender. Add the tortillas to grill and cook 30 sec. per side, until warm.
- Let mushrooms cool slightly, then thinly slice. Divided the mixed greens among the tortillas, then top with mushrooms and the cotija cheese. Serve tacos with the butternut squash mash.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021