This savory pie utilizes all those Thanksgiving leftovers in the fridge. Bake it until golden brown and serve with cranberry sauce or extra gravy.
- Cooking spray
- 2 ½ cups leftover stuffing
- 1 ½ cups + 3 tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped turkey meat, skin removed
- 1 cup chopped leftover vegetables or frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp leftover or jarred gravy
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat the inside of a 9-inch pie plate with the cooking spray. Add the stuffing to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 sec.–1 min., until warm. Stir in 2–3 tbsp chicken broth to make stuffing moist. Press stuffing into the bottom and sides of pie plate, using the back of a measuring cup to press down. Bake 20–25 min., until slightly golden on edges.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook 2 min. Gradually whisk in remaining 1½ cups chicken broth and cook 2–3 min., until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in the turkey and vegetables and simmer 3 min. Add the poultry seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Pour turkey mixture over the stuffing crust. Top with the potatoes, spreading over the turkey mixture with a spatula. Make an indent in the middle of potatoes and pour gravy into indent. Place pie plate onto a sheet pan and bake 20–25 min., until bubbly and golden brown. Let sit 10 min. before serving.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- October November 2021