Sourdough bread is layered with a garlicky spread, juicy tomatoes, and extra-sharp Cheddar for a delicious and simple lunch or dinner.
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh chives
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 8 slices sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- 8 thin slices extra -sharp white Cheddar cheese (about 6 oz)
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, garlic, and chives. Season with pepper to taste. Core and thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Divide mayonnaise among pieces of the bread, spreading evenly. On 4 slices of bread, mayonnaise-sides up, place 1 slice cheese and tomato slices. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top with remaining 4 slices cheese.
- Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread, mayonnaise-sides down. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.
This recipe is
- June 2021
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- Twelve Minutes
- 12 Minutes