A store-bought graham cracker crust makes this no-bake summer dessert recipe easy as you-know-what. A filling of tangy cream cheese and sour cream balances the sweetness of ripe berries.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (6 oz) graham cracker pie crust
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Using a hand or stand mixer, in a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth and stiff.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and vanilla until medium peaks form. Add the cream cheese mixture to the whipped cream, beating until just combined. Transfer to the crust and spread in even layer. Refrigerate at least 15 min.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, heat the apricot preserves on medium-low until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the strawberries until well coated. Cool mixture completely.
- Spoon cooled strawberries on top of filling. Refrigerate 2 hours, until pie is completely chilled. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days before serving.
This recipe is
- June 2021
- Nut Free
- In Season
- Egg Free