This easy and colorful side dish combines fresh green beans with pantry staples like canned kidney beans and chickpeas.
- 1 (12 oz) bag steam-in-bag trimmed fresh green beans
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 medium radishes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cook the green beans in the microwave according to package directions. Drain in colander and rinse with water to cool. Drain well. Cut into 1-inch lengths.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and mustard. Season with salt. Chop the radishes. Remove seeds from the bell peppers and chop.
- To bowl with vinaigrette, add green beans, radishes, bell peppers, onion, kidney beans, and chickpeas. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- Guiding Stars
- May 2021
- Lactose Free
- Celebrations Made Easy Cookbook
- Egg Free