An air fryer and crispy panko bread crumbs are the keys to transforming this classic Southern appetizer into a better-for-you version that’s just as delicious as the deep-fried kind.
- 1 (16 oz) jar dill pickle chips, drained
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup chipotle ranch dressing
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Pat the pickle chips dry with paper towels. To large shallow bowl, add the flour. Season with salt and pepper. In a wide shallow dish, whisk the eggs with 2 tbsp water. In a separate dish, mix together the panko, dill, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a handful of pickle chips to flour and toss to coat lightly. Dip in egg mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to panko, tossing to coat evenly and pressing to adhere. Place on a baking sheet or plate until you have about 15–20 pickle chips, or as many as will fit in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Add pickles to air fryer and cook 4–5 min., until golden brown and crispy, shaking basket halfway through cooking. Transfer to a plate and repeat breading and frying with remaining pickle chips.
- Serve fried pickles with the ranch for dipping.
To make your own chipotle ranch dressing, stir together 1/3 cup ranch, 1 finely chopped chipotle in adobo, and 2 tsp adobo sauce.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- May 2021