Get the kids to help you make these salty-sweet treats that take all the flavors of your favorite ice cream and turn them into a chewy, crunchy snack or easy dessert.
- 1 (3.3 oz) bag natural-style salted microwave popcorn
- Cooking spray
- 4 tbsp (½ stick) unsalted butter, cut up
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup chocolate chunks
- Wooden craft sticks
- Microwave the popcorn according to package directions. Let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and coat parchment with the cooking spray. To a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and marshmallows. Microwave on high 1–2 min., stirring once halfway through, until butter and marshmallows are melted.
- Into marshmallow mixture, stir in popcorn and peanuts until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks. With greased hands, scoop and form mixture into 2-inch balls. Insert the sticks into centers. Let stand at room temperature until set, about 10–15 min. Store in a sealed airtight container for up to 1 day.
No ice pop sticks? Place popcorn balls in cupcake liners to keep hands from getting sticky.
This recipe is
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- May 2021
- Celebrations Made Easy Cookbook
- Egg Free