Inspired by Spanish-style romesco, this delicious sauce is perfectly paired with grilled shrimp and lightly charred green onions for an elegant yet easy lunch or dinner.
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb frozen raw extra-large peeled, deveined shrimp , thawed
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Set grill to medium-high. In a baking dish, toss the green onions with 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook 2–3 min., until lightly charred and tender, turning occasionally. Transfer to cutting board.
- To same baking dish, add the shrimp. Toss with any residual oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook 2–3 min. per side, until cooked through. Remove from grill and transfer to cutting board.
- In a food processor, pulse the red peppers, almonds, garlic, tomato paste, and 1 tbsp water until smooth. Pulse in the remaining 3 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve shrimp and grilled onions topped with red pepper sauce.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- In Season
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- guiding star
- May 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free