In just 35 minutes you can have homemade cheesy biscuits fresh from the oven with the help of store-bought baking mix. Serve these for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix, like Bisquick, plus more for dusting
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 - 7 tbsp whole milk
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, garlic powder, and cheese. Add just enough of the milk until it becomes a soft dough. Fold in the corn and green onions. Turn over onto a cutting board and gently knead 8–10 times until dough comes together.
- On a floured cutting board, gently pat dough into a 6-inch square about 1 inch thick. Cut dough into 9 squares. Transfer squares to the baking sheet and brush tops with the butter. Bake 18–22 min., until golden.
The amount of milk needed could depend on humidity; sometimes more than 7 tbsp of milk may be needed to achieve a dough consistency.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- In Season
- May 2021
- Egg Free